By  John Tan   It’s 3 am in the morning And as usual, I am stuck in this vicious cycle Where my mind wanders like a free spirit ...

The Vicious Cycle (Poem)



By John Tan 

It’s 3 am in the morning
And as usual, I am stuck in this vicious cycle
Where my mind wanders like a free spirit
While my body aches like an old man’s back
As it’s in desperate need of rest
But I can’t sleep nor can I dream
Cause every move I make isn’t comforting
And every noise around my being annoys the hell out of me

As I can hear my alarm clock ticking,
The crickets chirping,
The fan whirring
While forming a creaky lullaby that isn’t working

Thus, I am wide awake at 3 am in the morning
Alone with my thoughts
Reflecting upon the things that happened
And worrying about the things that are yet to happen
And how it could go wrong in a million ways
While everyone else is fast asleep like a baby who was tucked in by its parents

By right, I should be in my La La Land at this hour
Wandering around it like an innocent child
But unfortunately, I am trapped in this unending cycle
There’s no escape for me

Why am I curse with this vicious cycle?
What did I do to deserve this?
I want to be able to sleep like a baby every night
I want my mind to be clear as the ocean every night

Well, maybe if I count to ten
And take a deep breath
Or say a prayer
Maybe then I will be able to fall asleep
Maybe then this vicious cycle will finally end

GIF Source: 
https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+bedroom&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ5MD4_r_UAhUjTo8KHSQyD1wQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#tbm=isch&q=insomnia+tumblr+lamp&imgrc=ty30gDg7NZxPCM: 


0 comments:

Feel free to comment and dont forget to subscribe ;)